Career Opportunity - Brick and Mortar Sales Associate
Part Time Opportunities exist for this position
Do you love Comic Books, Board Games, Trading Card Games, and all things geeky!? Looking for a great atmosphere and fun work environment?! If so - come join our team!
Provides courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; performs cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department. Resolves customer service issues.
General Accountabilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provides customer service to external customers.
- Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers.
- Ensures full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members.
- Maintains friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provides professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer service.
- Assists customers in locating merchandise, takes special orders, answers questions, performs gift wrapping or other special services, communicates policies on returns and exchanges.
- Monitors for shoplifting.
- Performs all cashiering functions in accordance with department and company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Checks price tags for alterations.
- Protects department against monetary losses by requiring appropriate identification for check cashing.
- Uses appropriate verification procedures for credit card purchases.
- Keeps sales floor neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Shelves new stock, informs buyers of fast- and slow-selling stock, maintains thorough knowledge of inventory.
- Ensures merchandise is attractively displayed.
- Maintains cashiering desk/areas in a clean, organized fashion.
- Keeps register area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such as shopping bags, etc.
- Assists with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Returns misplaced merchandise to correct department daily.
- Complies with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Assists supervisor in training new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Job Qualifications (including, but not limited to):
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year Combined education/experience as substitute for min. experience
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Customer service
- Preferred Education: High School Diploma
- Preferred Experience: 2 Years
- Preferred Field-of-Expertise: Customer service
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required
- Frequently required to sit.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to bend, lift or climb.
- Frequently required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Frequently required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Frequently required to lift heavy weights (50 pounds or greater).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Exposure to adverse conditions.
- Exposure to extreme heat.
- Exposure to extreme cold.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to high, precarious places.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Exposure to explosives
- Possible risk of radiation and vibration.
- Protective clothing or equipment is required including gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, protective eyewear.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
Why Top Cut?
- We offer a challenging, but rewarding work environment, surrounded by the games, characters, and concepts you love, making it easy to engage with your work.
- We offer a wide array of employee benefits; including but not limited to a discount on store purchases made at Top Cut Comics in Loves Park, IL.
- Our training methods are only rivaled by our ability to involve our staff in the multitude of national level events and projects that could lead to constructing a lifelong career in the gaming industry.
About Top Cut
- Founded in 2010 Top Cut Comics is Northern Illinois largest Comic book store!
- Our 5,000+ square feet showroom highlights all things geeky and fun!
- Our staff is unparalleled in the industry for knowledge, customer service, and friendliness!
- Top Cut Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR RETAIL LOCATIONS AS THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST